Monday, May 22, 2006

49 cents


I see that 50 Cent is coming to the Big HLC. I won't be here to catch his performance & I'm really not burning to see him - particularly after visiting his "click on an image and get a gunshot sound effect" website. But there's no denying he's a hot, A-Lister.

I actually got to thinking about that after seeing his poster 'round about town: the big deal of someone like 50 Cent or Madonna or Sting swinging by Holy Land Central (HLC) for a gig. I wasn't here for it but I know there was a long, dry spell insofar as big name visitors go.

Just for the fun of it, I'd love to see someone like eddie izzard touch down for a run. The subtleties of his historical references and run amok stream of consciousness would go overhead, I imagine. But I really do miss the sort of color he serves up.

Speaking of, a generous kindred spirit handed over a gig last night which involved interviewing 2 of the world's leading cancer researchers, moving about among dignitaries, sitting 4 seats away from former Primer Minister Ehud Barak and enjoying the strains of Yo Yo Ma finessing his cello. That type of cover I can certainly handle.

I recently blogged about spending time with bombing victims at the hospital. It was for this article, gloat gloat.

Cheers, beers and that's my 50 drachma.

3 comments:

Liza said...

Thanks for the link to your article. It was a great piece. Have you received feedback from people who read it in the newspaper?

Stefanella said...

I have had feeback, indeed. Mostly friends in San Fran. Thanks for your kind words! slf

Stefanella said...

You know, Mr. Datemaster Sir, there are all sorts of clandestine clubs and websites for that type of thing...Really, this is sooooo not the pick up girl place you want it to be. But hey, whatever ills you