Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Celebrity Cool


A looooooonnnnnggggg time ago, I posted about Israeli nonchalance in the face of celebrity status. i.e. celebrities mingle with the common folk and it ain't nothin' but a thang. No big deal. No hulking body guards or get-away cars. For the most part. Unless you're a politician. And even then...

But I can't find the posting. I didn't try too hard cause I'm feeling lazy.

Yesterday the prime minister's wife was at our playground. Without body guards or secret service. At least not that I saw (which really isn't saying much considering I'm half blind). She was playing with her grandkids who live in the hood.
It's one of the nicer aspects of life here in Holy Land Central. No cordoning off the street when Mrs. Prime Minister comes to call.

No comments: