Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Mmmmm Donuts


Welcome to today's blog entry entitled: The Lazy Woman's Alternative to Coming up with Original Material.

Here's how it works:

I'm feeling uninspired, tired and blech. So instead of activating my brain cells to formulate original writing, I link to another person's blog and extoll his/her virtues. Shameless.

Not really, though, because Noorster's writing is clever and she unabashedly admits to exact quantities of jelly donuts she has been consuming over the Hannuka holiday. What bravery!

We of the Jewish persuasion here in Holy Land Central wallow in grease this time of year: Potato fried pancakes, jelly/chocolate/cream/dulche la leche-filled fried donuts...The rest of the year? You'd be hard pressed to find donuts anywhere in HLC but with Hannuka comes a glut. Go figure.

Luckily, I don't care for potato pancakes and thus far have been holding out on the donut front. I'll indulge in one of the gourmet types later this week. Cream filled. Mmmmm. I feel like Homer.

Which reminds me of a donut joke I heard years ago in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park during the annual stand-up festival. Leave it to Americans, the comedian scoffed to take cake and fry it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always find it hard to believe that someone doesn't like potato latkes. I think it's just that they haven't had a really good one yet.

Stefanella said...

Trust me..I've even had them in a very upscale German restaurant, with sour cream, applesauce, etc. BLECH! I did, on the other hand, indulge in my donut already. It was GOOD!