Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More Sponsors, More Words



A wee mention of a site for book lovers: FetchBook... But first, a wee disclaimer: I've never tried it and I don't know anyone who has so I can't give the thumbs up or down. I received an e-mail from the site owner/plugger asking me to blog it. So here I am. Blogging.

That aside, the way it works is you surf on over and search for the book of your dreams by title, author or ISBN. What comes up is 120 price comparisons based upon vendor. You choose who to buy from and whether you want it soft copy, used, hard cover...Also, doesn't matter where you sit in the world; shipping is touted as universal. Does this mean someone will jet in and hand carry me the out-of-print, rare title I order while on the Gombe reserve this summer during my annual chimp watch with Jane? (we're on a first name basis, of course) Hmmm. If anyone tries it, lemme know. I'm curious.

And here's a dose of the inane just in case things were getting a wee bit too bogged: Has anyone out there every tried switching back to apple or cider vinegar after adapting to Balsamic? No can do, mes amis. I tried.

There you have it. The world's just one big bookfest with Balsamic drizzled over wild radicchio leaves.

No comments: