Monday, September 11, 2006

Heaven at the Movies

I am one of those people who believes in karma, synchronicity and striving to create gentler and kinder ways of existing and relating to others in the world. Very crunchy granola, Zen-Buddha-hippy stuff.

A good part of the time I don't achieve the kinder gentler part. Anyone who knows me will attest to that. Hell, ask my 4-year-old who bears witness each morning to my slew of choice descriptives for drivers as we bicycle merrily en route to his kindergarten.

The counter-balance is my attempt at creating the ideals. This is a good thing.

So when I sat back to watch Swedish director Kay Pollak's film Sa som i himmelen (As It Is in Heaven) yesterday, it felt a good deal like putting in some quality good karma time. Gorgeous. Thematically, very much about gracefully accepting life as it is and drawing from the core potential each of us has within. Scenes of Sweden's urban Norrland are pastoral.

I highly recommend pulling it off the video store shelf. Hej da for now

No comments: