Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Excuse Me?



Can someone please enlighten me as to WHY the jankyest, bottom-feeder Revlon Mascara selling for $6.00 at Walgreen's in the U.S. retails here in Holy Land Central (HLC) for nearly $20?!?

I mean, I'm not overly girlie-girl-esque but I do fancy my eyeliner, lipstick and mascara; So I look up prices at Macy's and find that I can get a good, Lancome Magicils for $21.50 and a M.A.C. Splashproof for $10 (!). Of course, I'd also have to incur a $1000 plane ticket to actually purchase them but...

My question: Did the Revlon mascaras sneak through security, slip into the duty-free food shops and roll in Beluga en route to Tel Aviv? And am I doomed to buying janky, over-priced make-up here in HLC? For those in the know, I'm counting on you. HELP!! (Buddha Patiently Reminds: Were it that this was my greatest challenge in life)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your problem is price, not availability, right?

Lancome is everywhere like Superpharm, and there's a M.A.C. store in the Ramat Aviv mall.

(Should we meet there? It's a good midway point)