Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Vocabulary & Video of the Day...



Two words I came across today - vituperation & dyspeptic. I like them. I'll have to casually squeeze them into conversation as in: His rather dyspeptic manner predisposes Charles to sudden vituperative outbursts. Eh? Eh?

On a less literary note we're now coming off of two days of Purim festivities which really means about 4-5 days since the whole thing gets stretched out over the weekend. Although custom dictates we tribal types are to drink ourselves silly, I didn't have the time or inclination. What a bummer. A decent margarita or cosmo right about now would be most welcome.

And lest the general Israeli aura be mistaken for prudish in tone, check out this steamy woman on woman video being put out by the Green Leaf Party, a body politick pushing for legalization of marijuana. As we head into elections - 13 more days (*yawn*) - apparently Green Leaf has more than weed on their agenda.

And speaking of weed, this comment from Daijabu on this blogsite regarding the recent heated debates:
What's all the fuss about? So they don't like Israelis ....I can live with that. I used to steam and puff and argue with people until I realized that one joint on a Tel Aviv rooftop followed by some alcohol infused night in a bar full of kusiyot (Hebrew for hot women), usually does the job much better than all the words...

Peace Out Daijabu...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Call me a prude if you like, but I don't like the word "kusiyot." Yes, I know everyone uses it. Still, given its etymology...

Stefanella said...

Me neither. It's crass. slf

Anonymous said...

i like very much the article about discrimination over israel in ic21 thanks